Monday, October 8, 2007

meti na

today is a sad day. we came into the center on what seemed to be just a regular monday morning and found out that our security director passed away this past weekend in an auto accident. he was the first friend i made here at the center. he encouraged me daily and made sure i was doing okay.

it has been really sad and a really intense mourning process. classes are cancelled and we are waiting for the body to return to thies. the trainees have taken up a monetary collection to help support his surviving wife and five children. i drew a card for all of us to sign. it has been hard and has brought op a lot of my unreconciled feelings regarding my other losses.

we, as a community, have lost an integral member who did everything he possibly could to keep us safe.

it is a sad day and something i was unprepared for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know it must be so hard...I love you--and even though I'm still in Brooklyn..I am here for you.

I love you!